Monday, July 2, 2007

I did it! 12 miles- oh yeah!

Yup, 12 miles are now under my belt! Can you believe it? This is getting really frightening now. I mean how much further can I really run?

I ran the entire 12 miles with my new bud Nikki (who by the way is also an only child and an absolutely fabulous human being). We blab the entire way, take in the scenery, and before we know it, the run's over! Ok, well, not exactly. We also do a fair amount of bitching and moaning. We mix this up with our fantasy post-run meals (my most frequent cravings being creative pancakes from the Bongo Room or little Swedish pancakes from Ann Sathers. But I ultimately resist and settle for a healthy bowl of Special K Red Berries and sliced bananas in vanilla soy milk- yum- and an episode of Kojak). Then we add in day dreams about taking naps in a patch of grass off to the side of the path or plunging into Lake Michigan for a soak. But, we keep running 'til the end and high-fives all around- woo-hoo!

JTH

No comments: