Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday, May 26, 2007


Good group run today and my longest distance yet! Today's run was a total of 8 miles- woo-who! It was a miserable morning to be out running because it was chilly, windy and raining. I could barely drag myself from bed. I kept praying that there would be lightening or thunder (because then our run is automatically cancelled- you know, us being next to the lake and all). However, fortunately and unfortunately there was no thunder or lightening and we were able to complete our run with no problems.

One of the ways we pair up for our runs is by pace time groups. Meaning depending on your pace/speed to complete one mile, you kind of stick with the group that's around the same pace. Sometimes it's a compromise because you may end up going faster or slower than you want, but the camaraderie and the fact that time flies by when you're talking to others makes up for it. Other times people end up running alone or in pairs if they find someone else who's keeping the same pace. I've run alone ahead of my pace group a few times and I must admit that there is something to being alone with your thoughts. Then, every few minutes or so the others in the pace groups head of you or those running the half marathon pass you on their way back to base camp and give you a thumbs-up or a "way to go!"- so cool!

Caio,
Jennell

No comments: