Monday, April 30, 2007

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I haven't written in a while so I thought I'd just post an update.

Two Saturdays ago was the last kick-off for the TNT LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. Which means that we are completely out of pre-training and all the fun begins! I'd been doing knee strengthening exercises and some walking for a few weeks trying to build up the muscles supporting the knee. Now I am back in it! I am on schedule running four days a week, with a long group on Saturdays. I start out a little sore, but once I get about 10-15 minutes in I feel much better.

To help me with all the muscles in my body I am cross training on the off running days. Mainly I'll be lifting weights to build upper body strength- watch out I'm gonna be buffer than ever! But also a little swimming and yoga.

Ok, that's it. Just wanted to get a word in before April walked away and rolled into May.

No comments: